Monday, March 30, 2009

Florida Chick Lashes Out...Again

I've had the mascara issue for as long as I can remember. It wasn't helpful that this morning my eyelashes clumped together in a sticky black glob and looked nothing like the mega 60 volume that Maybelline had promised, but I haven't written them a strongly worded email yet, so it's really my own fault...I haven't switched to Great Lash either like I had planned (check the January blogs if you are completely lost on this topic) so, like I said, I deserve the clumping and globbing that I get.

This weekend, however, I had an especially important Hollywood gala to attend...okay, it was actually a school auction, but the theme was Hollywood, so I decided to go all out and glam it up with big hair, smoky eyes and amazing lashes...and not wanting to leave it to chance (or to Maybelline) I went out and bought $6.00 lashes at CVS. $6.00!! and that included the glue and the applicator!

I have to say that I was a little apprehensive when I looked more closely at the packaging and noticed that my lashes were 100% authentic human hair...but then I read that it was sanitized human hair and I felt much better about the whole thing. I pinched the lashes with the plastic applicator, squeezed on the glue, matched them up to my lashline...and voila! Amazing 100% human hair lashes...no Maybelline needed. They really worked well for me all night...I mean, they kept rubbing wierdly against my nose, but I figured if that was the worst of it, it was worth the constant wondering about exactly whose sanitized hair I was wearing - and where do they get human hair for eyelashes? The floor of the salon? or is it donated when someone dies - like organs? Aside from these incredibly morbid questions, my eyelashes held up well...unlike my friend Beth who also attempted the CVS lashes, but ended up with one set flapping into her eyes before we even made it into the party...I tried to help her reattach them, but instead, she pulled them off and applied the mascara that was hidden in her purse "just in case."

I actually liked the lashes so much that I reapplied them the next morning for Kaitlyn's softball game. Wearing them to softball though, really didn't hold as much luster as the big Hollywood gala, so they were off and shoved in the back of the bathroom closet by 2pm...but I have to admit that by this morning I was missing having glam lashes again...so I'll probably finally write that strongly worded email to Maybelline and pick up a tube of regular old Great Lash to see if it still works as well as it did in Jr. High...or maybe I'll just sneak the fake lashes out of the closet and wear them around just for fun - because hey, someone took the time to donate their hair for my beauty needs - and I would hate for someone's thoughtful hair donation to go to waste...

1 comment:

  1. I love fake lashes too! And it is tempting to wear them all of the time, but that temptation is kept at bay with the fear that they will flap. How embarrassing would that be?!!

    ReplyDelete